Thursday, September 7, 2017

The Annual IWSG Anthology Contest

Word count: 3500-6000

Genre: Mystery/Crime/Thriller

Theme: Tick Tock. The story revolves around a clock, is time sensitive, or has something about a specific time. This theme has plenty of scope and we’re open to pretty much anything along these lines. No erotica, R-rated language, or graphic violence.

Story deadline: November 1st 2017

How to enter: Send your polished, formatted, previously unpublished story to admin @ insecurewriterssupportgroup.com before the deadline passes. Please include your contact details, your social links, and if you are part of the Blogging or Facebook IWSG group.

Judging: The IWSG admins will create a shortlist of the best stories. The shortlist will then be sent to our official judges.This year, we are honored to have seven incredible judges. For full details check out the IWSG Website.

Prizes: The winning stories will be edited and published by Freedom Fox Press next year in the IWSG anthology. Authors will receive royalties on books sold, both print and eBook. The top story will have the honor of giving the anthology its title.

We’re excited to see the creativity and enthusiasm that’s such a part of this group put into action. So don your creative caps and start writing. And spread the word!
--

Don’t forget the Show Your Writer Insecurity Contest is October 4! See the site for details. Cool prizes.

24 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

The next anthology is going to rock! And looking forward to everyone in their IWSG digs next month.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Okay, I feel challenged

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I'm excited about this year's genre. After publishing Joylene's books, I really enjoy mysteries and thrillers now.

Lela Markham said...

Hmm, that sounds interesting.

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Such a fantastic anthology! Best of luck to everyone! I love seeing how much IWSG has grown.

S.P. Bowers said...

Sounds really interesting. I've never tried mystery/thriller/crime.

Natalie Aguirre said...

The contest sounds awesome, though I don't write in that genre. Enjoy reading in it though.

Chemist Ken said...

That's a wide open theme for this year's anthology. Perhaps I'll be able to think of something to write this year.

Juneta key said...

I like the idea of the clock so giving a story some thought.
Juneta @ Writer's Gambit

Neurotic Workaholic said...

That sounds like a fun contest! Unfortunately, I don't write crime, mystery, or thriller, but sometimes I wish I did (except maybe thrillers because I'm a very big scaredy-cat).

Pat Hatt said...

Going to be a fun one indeed.

Carol Kilgore said...

This is going to be a great anthology. I'm looking forward to reading it. Happy September!

lostinimaginaryworlds.blogspot.com said...

Have never tried that genre, Lynda, but it sounds a great challenge and I shall see what I can do! Love the time connection.

Victoria Marie Lees said...

I'm not sure I have the time to add one more story to write, but the anthology sounds great. Good luck to all who submit.

As for the picture, I'm tech-challenged, Lynda. I'm not sure how I can superimpose a picture onto the IWSG badge. Do I need a special program?

I'll have to see what I can do for these 2 projects. All the best to you, Lynda!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

The ideal thing to do is to support the IWSG through buying a swag item, then taking a photo of yourself with that swag item. If you can't do that (money is tight for all of us these days) and you don't know how to use image programs, then pull up the IWSG website on your computer or phone or tablet and get someone to take of photo of you sitting next to it.

dolorah said...

I got something I'm working on that might fit. I'm sure I will come up with something to submit. I seem to work better under a deadline.

Rachna Chhabria said...

Wow, I'm excited about this contest. Hope I'm able to write a story.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynda - great advice above for Victoria ... and good luck to all who enter the anthology contest - cheers Hilary

cleemckenzie said...

This is a great theme. I'm looking forward to it.

Melissa Sugar said...

Oh I'm intrigued. I love the theme. Now I'm tempted to enter. I've never written a short story before, but I suppose trying is good writing experience. I haven't entered the past IWSG contests because the genres were outside of my scope of knowledge of writing. I think you've talked me into it. I mean I've talked myself into it.

H. R. Sinclair said...

I like this theme!

Mark said...

Cool contest, interested to see what people come up with:)

Blue Grumpster said...

Wait a minute... You're saying tick tock but no erotica, R-rated language, or graphic violence is allowed? But... but.... What am I to do now, Lynda?

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

I know it's a challenge, but what's life without a challenge?